Ready to Get Started?
Replacing Lost/Stolen U.S. Passports has never been easier!
UVC Step by Step DS-11 Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement Help Guide
• Easy to Follow Comprehensive Instructions •
• Detailed Application Requirements •
• Current Government Guidelines •
• Secure Online Ordering •
• Downloadable Forms •
Follow the Step by Step Instructions below for
Replacing Lost & Stolen U.S. Passports
You are Eligible to Apply for a Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement U.S. Passport if:
- Your U.S. passport is valid & has been lost
- Your U.S. passport is valid & has been Stolen
Proof of Citizenship
Applicants must submit their proof status as a U.S. citizen with their application to replace a lost of stolen passport.
The US Department of State Passport Agency requires one of the following documents as evidence that you are a legal citizen of the United States:
- A Birth Certificate showing birth in the US: This must be original or certified copy long-form certificate showing your parents names and issued by the municipality in which you were born;
- A Previous US Passport: The passport can be either valid or expired. If your appearance has changed significantly since this passport was issued, you may need to submit a secondary proof of US citizenship;
- A US Naturalization Certificate – This must be original or certified copy.
Important Note: This document will be returned to you with your new replacement passport.
Proof of Identification
Applicants must submit a valid form of ID with their application to replace a lost/stolen US passport.
The Passport Agency accepts the following as acceptable forms of Identification:
- Previously issued & undamaged U.S. passport;
- Valid State issued Driver's License or ID;
- Naturalization Certificate;
- Current Government ID;
- Current Military ID.
Applicants must submit two passport photographs with their application to replace a lost/stolen US passport.
The photo's should be:
- in color & not blurry;
- 2x2 in size;
- front view with body completely facing forward;
- on a plain white background;
- with no glasses or head wear;
- not older than 90 days;
- taken at a reputable facility such as Walgreen’s, CVS or Fed Ex.
Proof of Travel Requirements
Applicants must provide proof of travel with their lost/stolen passport replacement application.
This is normally a copy of your flight itinerary or flight booking confirmation email.
Applicants traveling on business and have no itinerary may instead provide a business letter on company letterhead.
Important Note: Your proof of travel must show departure within the next 15 business days or 21 business days if a visa is needed.
The Passport Agency fee for replacing lost & stolen U.S. passports is 170.00.
If you would like to get a passport card as well, the Passport Agency fee for both the book and the card is 200.00.
Add the Passport Agency fee to your total when placing your order.
(Passport Agency Fee + UVC Fee + Shipping)
The UVC fee & processing time options for replacing lost & stolen U.S. passports are:
- Emergency Same Day Passport Service Fee: $249.00
(Call ahead to insure availability)
- 24-48 Hour Urgent Passport Service Fee: $199.00
(Call ahead to insure availability)
- 3-5 Day Express Passport Service Fee: $149.00
- 6-10 Day Priority Passport Service Fee: $99.00
Add the UVC fee to your total when placing your order.
(Passport Agency Fee + UVC Fee + Shipping)
Applicants who want to apply for a Passport Card in addition to replacing there lost/stolen passport should the box next "Passport Card" when completing the new passport application. There is an additional $30.00 US government fee for the Passport Card.
The Passport card is just an extra form of official government ID that fits conveniently in your wallet.
It is only valid for travel by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, Bahamas and the Caribbean.
Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement Application Form DS-11
Complete and print two copies of the
Online DS-11 & DS-64 Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement Application Forms
If the DS-64 does not print out along with the DS-11, then complete & print two copies of the
DS-64 Application Form Offline PDF
The applicant should must give one DS-11 & DS-64 to the acceptance agent to be placed inside the sealed envelope. The second DS-11 & DS-64 should be placed inside your Fed Ex package to UVC.
All DS-11 applications for replacing lost & Stolen U.S. passports must:
- not be signed until instructed to do so during the passport acceptance process.
- be completed using the Online DS-11 Passport Application Form through the Passport Agency link above. Hand filled applications will not be accepted.
- have original dates and signatures and written be in black ink. Copies of signatures and dates or those in colored ink or pencil are not acceptable.
- be printed on two separate pages. Applications printed on the front and back of a single sheet are not acceptable.
- be submitted to the Passport Agency within 5 business days of the date your documents are executed and sealed.
Passport Agency Authorization Letter
Complete, then print & sign two copies of the
Passport Agency Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement Authorization Letter.
Please read carefully and fill out completely to avoid issues or delays.
The Authorization Letter allows UVC to:
- submit the application to replace the applicants passport to the US Passport Agency;
- speak and interact with the US Passport Agency as an agent on the applicants behalf;
- pick up & ship the new replacement passport when completed.
Passport Acceptance Facility Instructions
Before proceeding with this step:
make copies of all required passport documents now to include in your shipment to UVC;
email or upload copies of all required passport documents to UVC for pre-ship review.
This is mandatory for document verification per US Department of State Passport Agency Regulations!
The Applicant should proceed to a local passport acceptance facility with all required documents & completed forms to have them signed, executed, witnessed and legally sealed in an envelope by an acceptance agent. This is normally done at a US Post Office, County Court House, or Public Library.
To locate Passport Acceptance Facilities in your area, enter your zip code in the Passport Acceptance Facility Locator.
The acceptance agent will:
- Verify applicants ID, proof of citizenship; photos quality;
- Collect checks or money orders for the passport agency fee & a separate 35.00 execution fee;
- Administer the swearing of the passport oath;
- Witness the signing of the DS-11 application form to replace Lost/Stolen Passports;
- Seal all documents into a legally sealed envelope.
To avoid delays:
- clearly write your full name and date of birth on the check or money order with NO CORRECTIONS;
- ensure the acceptance agent DOES NOT include the cost of USPS Express mail return postage in your payment of passport fees;
- FedEx your package immediately as the Executed & Sealed documents must be submitted to the US Passport Agency within 5 business days or the seal will expire and this step will have to be repeated.
Ship Your Lost/Stolen Passport Replacement Documents
Please send all required documents, completed forms and a printed copy of your order confirmation to:
US Visa Connection
Address: 510 Earls Court Katy, TX 77450
Toll Free: 877-VISADOC (847-2362)
|FedEx Return Shipping|
|Continental USA Only||Price|
|Overnight - Next Business Day||$38.00|
|2 Day - 2nd Business Day||$28.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI||Price|
|Next Day / 2 Day (No Saturday Delivery)||$48.00|
|Call UVC for Prices (Varies by Location)||Varies|
Once your order has been completed, your new replacement passport and supporting documents will be returned to you with the shipping option you choose. It is highly recommended all documents be shipped using FedEx.
If you are sending a pre-paid return label or will be using a FedEx or UPS account, you can supply that information when placing your order.
Complete, print & sign the UVC New Passport Order Form.
Important Note: If you deadline is tight please contact UVC at 877-VISADOC(847-2362) to ensure availability.
U.S. State Department
& Passport Agency
2018 Holidays and Closures:
- January 1: New Years
- January 15: Martin Luther King
- February 19: President’s Day
- May 28: Memorial Day
- July 4: Independence Day
- September 3: Labor day
- October 8: Columbus Day
- November 12: Veteran’s Day
- November 22: Thanksgiving
- December 25: Christmas