Ready to Get Started?
Getting Brazilian Business Visas to Brazil
has never been easier!
UVC Step by Step Brazil Business Visa Help Guide
Easy to Follow Comprehensive Instructions
Detailed Application Requirements
Current Entry Information
Secure Online Ordering
STEP 1: BRAZIL BUSINESS VISA
Carefully Review the Following Information & Gather Together the Required Documents
Brazil Business Visa Validity: Brazilian Business Visa for U.S. citizens are normally issued for a 10 year validity with multiple entries and are valid for travel from the day they were issued. Validity and duration of stay per visit however is solely at the discretion of the Brazilian Government.
Business visitors are prohibited from performing any paid work, technical assistance or technical training in Brazil. Any applicants who will be performing any technical services and holding technical qualifications (engineers, computer specialists, installation/repair, etc) will require visa approval for a Temporary Type V Brazilian Technical Visa from the local Brazil Department of Labor prior to visa issuance. The host company in Brazil must arrange this approval and visa processing cannot commence until approval is received by the Brazilian Embassy/Consulate.
Brazil Stay Limitations: All Brazil Visa holders, regardless of nationality or visa validity date, may only stay in Brazil for up to 90 days per year. An extension of the original 90 days may be granted by the Brazilian Federal Police in Brazil but total stay cannot exceed 180 days a year.
Brazil Transits/Stopovers: No visa is required for a stopover or connection in Brazilian territory if the traveler does not intend to leave the international transit area. If the traveler intends to leave the international transit area then a visa will be required.
The Applicants Actual, Currently Valid & Signed Passport must be submitted with their Brazil Business Visa Application.
The passport needs to have a minimum two blank side by side visa pages and must not be expiring 6 months or less from the date of return into the United States.
U.S citizens should note that the last six pages of your U.S. Passport cannot be for entry/exit stamps or visa issuance. These are amendment pages specifically designated for U.S. State Department use only.
If your passport does not meet current Brazilian Business Visa Requirements, UVC can process your Brazil Business Visa Application and your application to Renew Your U.S. Passport, to add Additional Passport Pages, or to Get a New U.S. Passport back to back and in time for your trip.
Two Passport Photographs are required for your Brazil Business Visa Application submission.
The photo's should be:
- in color & not blurry;
- 2×2 in size;
- front view with body completely facing forward;
- on a plain white background;
- with no glasses or head wear;
- not older than 90 days;
- taken at a reputable facility such as Walgreen’s, CVS or Fed Ex.
Proof of Departure
Proof of Travel must be provided with your Application for a Brazilian Business Visa.
This can be a copy of round trip tickets or emailed flight itinerary confirmation which should include applicants name and show entry into and exit from Brazil.
ID/Proof of Residence
Proof of the Applicants Residential Address in the United States must be presented when applying for a Business Visa to Brazil.
This should be a clear color copy of the applicant drivers license or state issued photo ID.
An Original & Notarized Business Letter from the applicants U.S. based company must be submitted with the Brazil Business Visa Application. The notary stamp on the business letter must be from the same state where the company/organization is located.
The Business letter should:
- be on company letterhead;
- addressed to the attention of "The Consulate General of Brazil";
- explain the nature of business of the U.S company;
- signed by a senior company manager;
- provide the applicant's job title, description & employment status in the U.S. company;
- provide the applicants passport information;
- provide detailed information concerning the nature of business & activities to be conducted in Brazil.
- provide name, address & contact information of the Brazilian company;
- provide name, phone number, job title & description of the contact person in the Brazilian company;
- guarantee financial support for the applicants entire stay in Brazil;
- guarantee the applicants return to their home country upon the completion of his work in Brazil;
- include the statement that the applicant "will not perform any paid work, technical assistance, technical training or any other activities that are incompatible with a Brazilian Business Visa".
More Important Instructions & Helpful Information
Yellow fever vaccination certificates are required if the applicant has traveled to any of the following countries within the last 90 days:
Angola, Benin, Bissau Guinea, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guiana, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Panama, Peru, Rwanda, Sao Tome & Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Uganda, Venezuela.
Yellow fever vaccinations are advisable if the applicant intends to visit any of the following areas of Brazil:
Acre, Amapa, Amazonas, Goias, Maranhao, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Para, Rondonia, Roraima, Tocantins and the Federal District of Brazil.
The Designated Consular Jurisdictions of the U.S. based Embassy of Brazil & Brazilian Consulates are:
Consulate of Brazil in Atlanta, Georgia
Consular Jurisdiction: Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, South Carolina and Tennessee
Consulate of Brazil Boston, Massachusetts
Consular Jurisdiction: Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont
Consulate of Brazil in Chicago, Illinois
Consular Jurisdiction: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin
Consulate of Brazil in Houston, Texas
Consular Jurisdiction: Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas
Consulate of Brazil in Los Angeles, California
Consular Jurisdiction: Arizona, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah e Wyoming. The following counties in California: Imperial, Kern, Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, San Bernardino, San Diego, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura
Brazil Consulate Miami, Florida
Consular Jurisdiction: Florida, Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Island
Brazil Consulate New York, New York
Consular Jurisdiction: Bermuda Islands, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania
Consulate of Brazil in San Francisco, California
Consular Jurisdiction: Alaska, Oregon and Washington. The following counties in California: Alameda, Alpine, Amador, Butte, Calaveras, Colusa, Contra Costa, Del Norte, El Dorado, Fresno, Glenn, Humboldt, Inyo, Kings, Lake, Lassen, Ladera, Marin, Mariposa, Mendocino, Merced, Modoc, Mono, Monterey, Napa, Nevada, Placer, Plumas, Sacramento, San Benidito, San Francisco, San Joaquim, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Shasta, Sierra, Siskiyou, Solano, Sonoma, Stanislaus, Sutter, Tehama, Trinity, Tulare, Tuolumne, Yolo and Yuba
Embassy of Brazil in Washington, DC
Consular Jurisdiction: District of Columbia, North Carolina, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia and all Military Bases except Guam
STEP 2: BRAZIL BUSINESS VISA
Carefully Complete the Following Required Forms
Brazil Business Visa Application Form
Complete, print, and sign two copies of the online Brazil Business Visa Application Form.
- When you access the Online Application you may get a message stating this is an "untrusted connection". This is due to the security certificate for the application web page being issued by the Brazilian Government and is not recognized by most web browsers in the United States.
- To convert the application from Portuguese to English, click the British Flag in the top right corner.
- Where the applications asks for "alternate ID" put your drivers license information.
- On the final page of the application, it will ask you to upload your documents. If you wish, you may instead upload this image where it asks for a passport photo then submit and print the application. UVC will upload all your actual documents for you.
- The printed application will be a single page with a signature box and two bar codes. Simply sign inside the signature box.
- The Brazilian visa application must be submitted within 30 days of completion or it will expire.
STEP 3: BRAZIL BUSINESS VISA
Select Your Preferred Shipping Method
Please send all required documents, completed forms and a printed copy of your order confirmation to:
US Visa Connection
Address: 510 Earls Court Drive, Katy TX 77450
Phone: 877-VISADOC (847-2362)
Once your order has been completed, your passport with visa will be returned to you with the shipping option you choose. It is highly recommended all documents be shipped using FedEx.
|FedEx Return Shipping|
|Continental USA Only||Price|
|Overnight - Next Business Day||$38.00|
|2 Day - 2nd Business Day||$28.00|
|Alaska, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, USVI||Price|
|Next Day / 2 Day (No Saturday Delivery)||$48.00|
|Call UVC for Prices (Varies by Location)||Varies|
If you are sending a pre-paid return label or will be using a FedEx or UPS account, you can supply that information when placing your order.
STEP 4: BRAZIL BUSINESS VISA
Place Your order
Brazil Business Visa Fees
The Brazilian Government Fee for Brazilian Business Visas are:
- U.S. citizens: 165.00
- Algeria: 90.00
- Citizens of all other countries: 85.00
(The Brazil Consulate Fee above includes a 5.00 money order fee)
The US Visa Connection Fee for Brazilian Business Visas are:
- Regular Processing (6-10 business days): 99.00
- Rush 3-5 business days: 149.00
- Urgent 24-48 hours: 199.00
Place Your Order
Place Your Order
Complete, print & sign the US Visa Connection Visa Order Form.
The Order Form provides UVC with your contact, payment, and return shipping information as well as the level of service needed to meet your intended travel date.
Have Questions? Need Assistance?
Call the Doc! 877-VISADOC (847-2362)
8-10 Business Days
5-7 Business Days
8-10 Business Days
UVC Fee: $99.00
5-7 Business Days
UVC Fee: $125.00
UVC Fee: $149.00
Ready to Get Started?
TRAVEL SMART WITH STEP (Smart Traveler Enrollment Program)
The Smart Traveler Enrollment Program is a free service provided by the U.S. Department of State for citizens of the United States traveling or living abroad to. It allows the State Department & U.S. Embassies to:
- provide you with the latest security updates from the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate;
- assist your family or friends in the U.S. to contact you with urgent news while you’re traveling;
- contact you and provide assistance during an emergency situation overseas such as an evacuation, if you lose your passport, or if your passport is stolen while you are abroad.